Action created by the media as a way of boycotting and bringing shame to a particular topic.
Opinion
Dangers of Cancel Culture
Sophie Le, Opinion Editor • May 8, 2024
A clip from the cinematic trailer used to announce the Sorry Im Outside Tour.
PARTYNEXTDOOR4 Is a Party In Itself
Jadyn Grayes, A&E and Multimedia Editor • May 5, 2024
Cover of Gracie Abrams new album cover The Secret of Us announced to release June 21.
Gracie Abrams unlocks her new album "THE SECRET OF US"
Sophie Le, Incoming Opinion Editor • May 5, 2024

Tudor Tries for the Top

Veteran wrestler Justin Tudor (’25) has emerged as a role model on the wrestling team
Photo Keirra McGoldrick
The varsity team meeting before the match begins.

Walking in the wrestling room, you may not notice Justin Tudor (’25) being the loudest or the biggest in the room, but he makes his presence known by working hard silently. Coming into Tudor’s third year on varsity, wrestling the 165lb weight class, he hopes to make it individually to districts.

Tudor started wrestling to follow in the footsteps of his older brother, and it stuck with him as the community was very welcoming. As he continued in the sport, he began to enjoy the way it challenged him to grow.

“Wrestling has challenged me as a person because it takes a lot of time out of everything else, you see the team more than your family some weeks so that’s one of the challenges,” Tudor said.

The team practices five times a week, with most of the meets happening over the weekend. The frequent practices urge them to become closer as they spend more time together.

“The best thing about the team is we become a family we get to know each other, and we really bond throughout the year.” Tudor said. “The most challenging thing for me about wrestling is staying motivated, sometimes it’s hard to be a leader and stay motivated.”

Tudor uses his goal of making it to regionals to push himself, which he feels is the hardest aspect of his sport. HeadCoach Tomas Montero can attest to Tudor’s motivation and growth.

“He’s improved tremendously,” Montero said. “He’s worked all year, all summer, all offseason, he’s gone to camps, off season conditioning he’s improved mentally and physically so all around he’s improved.”

Although he’s not the loudest on the team, Tudor is seen as a leader because of the respect that his demeanor and incentive demands.

“He is a leader by example he’s a quiet leader he comes to work every day and he does what the team needs,” Montero said.