The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

Casa Azuls classic churros.
A&E
Casa Azul a Sugar-Coated Fiesta
Whittaley Bowden, Senior Staff Writer • April 26, 2024
POLL

Does Taylor Swift deserve the hype?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Peguero Secures State Title

Peguero Secures State Title
Photo Picasa

After mastering regionals, conquering districts, and dominating states, Luis Peguero (‘14) was on his way to the wrestling nationals in the first week of April and wasn’t settling for anything less than becoming a champion. Peguero has spent countless hours preparing for each match.

As the saying goes, he has put blood, sweat, and tears have gone into becoming the best. “In wrestling you can’t really count the amount of hours you have practiced because there are so many; not including running, weight lifting, and extra personal training,” explains Peguero.

Peguero raves about his support and motivation and how it drives him to succeed. “I have a great support system,” states Peguero. “My coaches, family, and trainer are with me every step of the way encouraging me the entire time.”

Peguero’s greatest accomplishment so far has been becoming the State Champion of the 170 pound weight class. “I had my mind set on winning,” Peguero explains “And I wasn’t taking any less.”

Obviously his hard work has paid off so far, making it to states two years in a row and becoming the State Champion in only his junior year, Peguero is destined for success. “I just love the feeling of accomplishing something that I have worked so hard for,” remarks Peguero. “It’s the best feeling in the world.”