The Night of Knights Dives Into Atlantis

The first RHS Night of Knights in three years .

Photo Robinson Journalism Archives

RHS alumni Kelsey Campbell (middle) and Kaliah Henderson (right) at the 2019 Night of Knights.

Juno Le, Editor-in-Chief

It’s been three years since Robinson High School’s last Night of Knights, the annual upperclassmen dance, but the tradition returns with a secured venue at the Florida Aquarium.

This year’s theme was announced on the Student Government Association’s (SGA) Instagram on Feb. 7: Knights of Atlantis.

“Basically, the Knights are leaving Camelot and venturing down to the lost city of Atlantis,” Gunnar Gibson (’22) said in his explanation of how the theme idea was made. Gibson and other SGA members decided that “Under the Sea” was overused and not the vision they had, thus came the emergence of the Lost City of Atlantis.

Robinson HS has never formally had a prom as the term for the upperclassmen dance has always been the “Night of Knights” since the school’s establishment. Nevertheless, the tradition remains an experience many Knights look forward to.

Plans for the dance have already been set. SGA has booked a DJ for the night and catering will be provided by the venue.

“The experience is going to be really heightened from anything we’ve ever really done before,” SGA President-Elect Sela Teplin (’23) said. “It feels like something Plant would do or some other bougie school.”

Robinson High School’s Night of Knights will take place on Saturday, April 23 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets go on sale on MyPaymentsPlus Feb. 14 for $65, with senior priority first but there will be an unlimited amount of tickets. Guest forms will also be found that same day in room 131 (Marazzo) for off-campus invitees. Any underclassmen must be invited by an attending upperclassman to go.

“I hope that everyone is just able to forget about all the stress surrounding finals, AP and IB exams,” said Priya Sambasivan (’22), the SGA President. “As long as everyone has a good time and a night to remember, then SGA did its job well.”