The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

Casa Azuls classic churros.
A&E
Casa Azul a Sugar-Coated Fiesta
Whittaley Bowden, Senior Staff Writer • April 26, 2024
POLL

Does Taylor Swift deserve the hype?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Knights Triumph: Boys’ Basketball Clash Ends with a Victory over the Warrior 68-46

The Warriors Were No Match For The Knights
Photo Jasmyn Mitchner
La Jesse Harrold (’25) going up to put 2 on the board.

On Wednesday, January 17, Knights boys varsity basketball team faced off against competitors, the Steinbrenner Warriors, in a high-stakes showdown. The anticipation was clearly visible as the teams clashed on the court, each vying for supremacy. The atmosphere in the gymnasium crackled with energy, setting the stage for a memorable contest.

As the game unfolded, the Knights showcased their prowess, executing plays with precision and demonstrating great teamwork. The court echoed with the rhythmic squeaks of sneakers as both teams engaged in a fierce battle. The Knights’ defense proved impenetrable, frustrating the Warriors’ attempts to score.

“In the first half we got out scored by like 10 plus points but then we came back with 20 on them,” Jordan Mickens (’25) said.

The pivotal moment arrived as the clock ticked down, and the Robinson Knights emerged victorious with a commanding score of 68-46. The celebration erupted among players and fans alike, recognizing the significance of this win, especially with the big Break the Silence game on Friday. The Knights putting their most aggressive foot forward was especially necessary this game.

“Everyone was just more physical on defense and got more steals. Especially more fast break points. And the rest is history,” Donevon Kelly (’24) said.

The Robinson Knights sit in the glory of their triumph, knowing that the momentum gained from this victory would propel them into the highly anticipated game on Friday.