Robinson is (talent) showing off

Robinson will hold annual talent show this April

Ella Wertz, Staff Writer

Every year Robinson highlights their star students and faculty in an annual talent show hosted by Tri-M Music Honor Society. This year’s talent show is will be Tuesday, April 9 at 6:30pm.

If students have a special talent, or any talent at all, and are interested in trying out the auditions will be held Monday, April 1 from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. In order to try out, students must pay a $5.00 fee and fill out an application. The application can be found in the band room. To secure a spot in auditions, applications and fees must be turned in by Thursday, March 14.

To be eligible to audition, students must be a high school student and at least one member of their act must attend RHS.

Once students advance past the auditions, a dress rehearsal will be held Monday, April 8 from 10:00am to 1:00pm. This is a non-student day, giving students more and more practice time to wow the crowd and the judges.

On the day of the show, the top three students will receive a cash prize. The cash pool depends on the number of people that audition and the amount of ticket sold in admission. Admission for the show is $5.

The talent show gives students the opportunity to express themselves and show their worth and talent to their peers.

“It gives students the opportunity to come preform to see what talent we have on campus and to give them a chance to be part of a show even if they aren’t in band or other things,” said band director Christopher Revett.

Revett urges students to not be afraid to try out because there is no pressure and the show creates such a fun, competitive enviornment.

“This is a great chance for students to preform with out any judgemnent…and we  just want to hear and see what they can do…and have fun with it,” said Revett.